Monday, November 24, 2008

Red Scarf Girl_Ji-Li_Prosecution-Q&A

Procecution

Question 1:

Why did you not participate in the blackboard newspaper, when it was a big honor?

Cause in Primary school I was honor student and as soon as they thought I was a black whelp they turned on me. Most of class mates either ignored me or treated me so bad I stayed at home. They wrote da-zi-bao about me and a teacher being in a relationship, because I was a good teacher and I was his 'teachers pet' and they were jealous of me. Mao blamed the teachers which were just using the curiculum and had taught us all s much and helped us grow, and Mao blamed the teachers and said they were teaching us bad things. And I didn't want that to happen in m new school, my new school was a new chance, a chance to start over. As seen on page.171.

Question 2:
Why were you in a 'black family' and considered a 'black whelp'?

I t was a very unfair thing, I was considered a 'black whelp' from a 'black family' because Mao told people that anyone who had any black history was considered black. My grandfather yes was a landlord but NO my father is NOT a landlord or a rightest.. As seen on page 210-215. I shouldn't be blamed for something generations from me.

Question 3:
How did the newspaper artical 'half city Jiangs' change your life?

I was in High School I was doing great I had a new chance and that article changed it all it made people look at me very different. But most of all ... it made me almost change my name. They sweared at my mom they were so rude and nasty...as seen on page.253. And made me hate my family. My family is so important to me and I hate Mao and the newspaper and there writers for making me feel that way. My grandfather was a landlord but my father definatly isn't and is not a rightest. As seen on page.212

Question 4:
What privacy and life did the read guards interupt?

They came into our uninvited without warning and just destroyed our stuff. They came and tipped out everything our drawers and took many things. They took my stamp collection, some clothes, and much more. But they completely interupted my privacy by seeing and dumping my sanitary belt on the floor.. As seen on page. 133-137. They came a second time to take a letter which I had hidden.In the cats litter box. And when they found found it they made my grandmother kneel down and humiliated my mother.As seen on page.254.


Question 5:
Why did your Aunt Xi-Wen have a da-zi-boa on her house?

She was accused of being bourgeoisie and wearing to much make-up. This I think was unfair because she and her husband worked for that money and the make-up was from her sister in America and should be used. I think that it was not right to do this to her and the make-up ... well Mao wears make-up!!


Defence

Question 1:
Why did you support Mao?

Mao I liked at the beginning of the book and that is because he was always show in a good way and he was praised. We would recite nice poems about him and songs and think of him in a god like manor. He was always shown good and NEVER bad and his schools did teach me a lot and I am thankful for that. I guess I always thought of him as good because that is the way we were brainwashed to think and that was what we were always suppost to look at him and think of him. That was the the way he wanted us to think and that was the way our community was to be and I wanted to fit in.

No comments: